Friday, April 17, 2009

ok, where is the camera?

Wednesday, July 5th, 2006
9:10 pm - ok, where is the camera?
I was making yet another trip to pick up Emily. She was playing frisbee with her friends at Rengstorff Park in Mountain View. I was stopped at a light near our house, and I could hear loud rap music coming from the car in the next lane. I looked up expecting to see some young kid in the car, but OH NO! What I saw was a woman, possibly older then I am, not thin by any means, very very white, absolutely and totally into the music that SHE was playing. She was dancing in her seat, singing along to all the words, and doing all the rapper hand movements, in a CONVERTIBLE mind you! I am almost sure my jaw had dropped wide open. I started to glance around, looking for the hidden cameras somewhere. She had to be kidding, no way would anyone that looked like her, be listening and dancing along to music like that in a convertible, where everyone could see her.
I know I was staring way too long. I was afraid she would turn and look right at me and fire a stream of unintelligible profanities my way at any second. It was just too good to be true, and now I know that when I go to get a replacement cell phone in August, because I washed mine in the washing machine, I am getting one with a camera for times like these.
I continued to stare, and the light turned green. I moved to the next set of lights and she pulled up along side me, still singing and dancing. I had to stay at my left hand turn light, she had a green, so she moved on, still rapping. A young guy, maybe 30ish, was in a car behind the rapping woman. He slowed down next to me, rolled down his window and said," What the hell is that about?" I shook my head and said, " I have no idea!" We b
oth started laughing, and he pulled away. My light turned green and I headed towards Rengstorff Park.
I know it is not fair or right to judge someone like that, but come on, that was just wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment