Friday, April 17, 2009

It's all too much

Friday, August 4th, 2006
6:01 pm - It's all too much
I swear, it's all becoming a bit too much.
I am working a night shift tonight, 4pm to 11pm. My cell phone rings at about 4:40pm. The caller ID is a long distance number, but my eyes are crap now, and I can't read it. I answer the phone and it is Abe, my Uncle in Ohio. My mind races, what could he be calling me for? If something is wrong with my Aunt Nancy, I don't know what I will do. He sounds hesitant, it isn't good news. My Mom's brother Donny died. Donny, Don really, but we always called him Donny. He was a younger brother to my Mom, so he was Donny.
Uncle Donny was a wild one. Funny, nice, handsome, we all liked him. He drank a lot, smoked too much and it all caught up with him. Uncle Donny's oldest daughter Diane, died a few years ago at a very young age. Don's 1st wife Donna died in July, one day before Robert did.
We knew Donny was sick. This was expected, but geez, it's all too much.
Poor Donny, Poor Donna, Poor Robert.
No More PLEASE

No comments:

Post a Comment