Friday, April 17, 2009

Disheartened

Friday, July 28th, 2006
8:33 am - Disheartened
Driving is not my favorite thing to do. I have real problems driving at night and in places I don't know. Ever since my nephew was killed in that horrible accident, I have been even more sensitive to the carelessness of people when they drive.
I have driven to my brother Jim's house more this month then I probably have during a whole year. Going to Jim's house means driving on 101, about 20 miles south to Capitol Expressway. Lots of traffic, lots of crazy drivers, not a good situation for me. Elizabeth drove the other night, nothing happened to us, I am just disgusted with people in general.
We visited with all the people at my brother's house for a little while. Kathleen had promised Elizabeth one of my nephew's t-shirts, so we were there to get that also. It was about 8p.m., so I decided we had better go before it got too late. On the way home, Elizabeth pointed out a Lincoln Continental that was driving a bit recklessly, and the obvious reason why. The jerk driving that car had both visors and the rear view mirror fitted with DVD screens. That has to be illegal. As we caught up with him, a few lanes apart, I noticed he also, had a sidekick in both hands, texting someone. What a total idiot. He had his arms "steering" the car and he was busy typing something soooooo necessary to some other jerk somewhere. I was tempted to scream something at him, but he looked like the kind of guy that most likely had a shotgun on the seat next to him. I stared at him with my jaw wide open, what a jerk, what could possibly be that important. Emily wanted us to just get the heck away from him. I thought about calling the CHP, but he pulled off the freeway. People like that are useless and just a waste of space. He will likely kill someone with his carelessness, and I am sorry that I didn't get the chance to report him. A lot of people just don't seem to think that what they are doing could very well hurt or kill someone else. I know that
I am trying to not be one of those people. I am sick of everything right now. Nothing seems important, and everything makes me mad now that my nephew is gone. That jerk on the freeway could very well destroy someones life and the lives of that person's family. Just like our family has been hurt.
In a second, in a flash, everything changes.
Stupid people suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment