Friday, April 17, 2009

Robert

Sunday, July 23rd, 2006
5:12 pm - Robert
Everyday I think I will post about what happened on July 10th in this journal. I wake up each day and think, maybe it was a mistake, it didn't really happen. It did happen though and there is nothing anyone can do to change it.
My 20 year old nephew was killed in a car accident at about 8:30 that evening, July 10th, 2006. He was just sitting at a stop light, and was hit by a car, a truck really.
In a flash, he was gone. Snatched off the face of the earth with no warning, no chance to ever see him again. My brother and his family are, I don't even think there are words to describe how they are. Heartbroken, crushed, sad, hurt, none of those words even express a tiny bit of what they feel, or how much pain they are in.
My nephew was a beautiful baby, adorable child, wise cracking teenager, and was just going to move into a new stage of his life, an adult. He was clever, smart, funny as hell, and everyone loved him. I know people say things like that all the time, "everyone loved him", but in this case, it is true. So many people care for him and have expressed it to my family.
My niece, his sister, is 15 yrs old. She is beyond heartsick because her brother was truly her bestfriend. They never fought. She would wait up at night for him to come home from work so they could watch their favorite shows on TiVo. My nephew had recently just moved out of the family home, so he could live with his friends while going to college. That alone had sent his sister into a funk. She missed him and wished he would come home.
My nephew and his friends had rented a house near San Jose State. He had a job, was going to start college, had a place to live, and had his girlfriend, he was happy. His girlfriend died along with him in that horrible accident. Two families are never going to be the same. Two wonderful young people never got the chance to really live.

Life is unfair and cruel when it comes to things like this.
I wish there was something to do to change it all, make it go away, but there isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment