Friday, April 17, 2009

It's July again.

Thursday, July 10th, 2008
5:27 pm - It's July again.
It's July again. Hot weather and that horrible feeling. I hate July with all my heart. July means only heartbreak, sadness and tears. Lots of people love July because it all about summer vacations, barbecues, parties and fireworks. To me it is the month my family lost Jackie and Robert. Two of my nephews. Jackie was 18 and Robert was 20 when their lives ended tragically. Jackie died 19 years ago July 3rd. He has been gone longer then he was alive.
Today is the 2nd anniversary of the day we lost Robert, but we didn't find out till July 11th. I was called at about 4:15 am and I swear to you, every time the phone rings now I still have a bit of dread.
I still have to remind myself that they are gone. When I look at pictures of them, for a split second I forget and then bang, there it is again. How can it be true? It's crap, I don't like this but it will never go away.
This is a bad month.

I hate you July

No comments:

Post a Comment