Friday, April 17, 2009

August...already

Thursday, August 3rd, 2006
1:08 pm - August...already
It's August already. Time just ticks by and we are all still here, hurting. My brother Jim went on a vacation with his wife's family. They do this every year and had arranged it before Robert had died. Robert was supposed to go on this trip with them. Jim checked in with us everyday. It was a hard trip for them, so many memories of trips in the past with Robert there. Yesterday, Jim lost his prescription sunglasses in the ocean. They were on a cord around his neck, but they were still swept off of him, out to sea. Upsetting to say the least. Just one more thing when you are already on edge. Jim was on-line a bit ago and told my sister and I that they were leaving the vacation. It was just too hard to be there. Christine was not doing well and then he said that he had also lost his necklace. His students had given him a necklace that had, My Son Robert, engraved on it. Jim is upset, he feels like he is losing everything. He took it off and left it in the car and then couldn't find it. I hope it is still in the car, and that when he gets home, we will find it for him.
Everything that happens feels like another punch in the stomach. You can hardly catch your breath and things like losing your glasses or a necklace are not as bad as losing your child, but it all feels like something is trying to attack you. Like the universe has it in for you for some unknown reason.

My daughter has moved totally to my Mother's house. It's for school, so she can be in the right district. Now I have no children at home. It is another added shock that I wasn't ready for.
My Mom has mice in her wall. She thinks that's where they are anyway. She saw one a few weeks ago and Jeff heard scratchy noises in his wall. Gahhhhhhhhhhhh! Jeff is cleaning out the loft area above his room. Lots of unknown things are up there, stored in boxes.
My Mom told me she had found Elizabeth's baby bath tub, a sweater I wore in the 70's that had Groucho Marx on the front of it. I used to love that sweater! They also have found a Beatles scrapbook that I made years ago. I would be thrilled if they found my yearbooks. I can't figure out where those are.

No comments:

Post a Comment