Friday, April 17, 2009

something funny

Friday, May 5th, 2006
10:13 am - something funny
I just saw the funniest thing. I was on El Camino and Page Mill in Palo Alto, at a stop light. On the opposite side of the street, there was a man, in his late 20's at least, wearing tan pants and a red shirt, maybe a Target employee, waiting at a bus stop.
Now I know that isn't particularly funny, but what he was doing was funny. While he was standing at the bus stop, he was talking on his cell phone and spinning in circles with his one arm outstretched! Kind of in the same way a kid spins around when they want to make themselves dizzy! Here he was, on a very crowded with traffic, El Camino Real, spinning madly at the bus stop, on a cell phone! I'm sitting in my car, watching him and thinking, how long is he going to do this? Maybe he will fall into traffic and make things really interesting! I wished I had a movie camera with me. Was he crazy, or fulfilling a dare? I mean, what would possess a grown person who is wearing a work uniform to do such a publicly humiliating thing? The light turned green and I started to drive. As I looked in my rear-view mirror, I could see him still spinning!
My supervisor just arrived at work and I told her the story. She says that in some Yoga practices, spinning helps you center your shakra(sp)? Why was he on his cell phone while doing this? Maybe he was like Jeff Goldblum in Annie Hall, calling his Yoga teacher to say, "I forgot my Mantra".
I think he was trying to make himself sick so when he got to work, they would send him home! My brother Jeff says maybe it helps with his cell reception to spin in a circle with one arm out! Whatever he was doing, it certainly was funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment