Thursday, November 12, 2009

Smudge


This is Smudge. A kind of cranky persian cat that belongs to one of my neighbors. He doesn't come to eat at my back door like the other cats.
His owner is moving. I think they are going this week at some point and poor little Smudge is still here. Every evening he is crying at their door, begging to be let in and no one is there. He sort of mopes around, just out of reach so you can't even try to comfort him.
This morning I opened my front door and I could hear him crying. I went over to see what was wrong and he ran up to me and let me pet him. He ran over to his door and looked at me like, "Please lady, open the door for me!" My other neighbor Brenda was out there with her dog and I asked her what was going on with Smudge. Brenda is also concerned that Smudge is getting left behind. About six months ago his owners bought a pure bred golden retriever puppy. Smudge was replaced and now looks like he has been forgotten.
I have left food out for Smudge but he won't eat it. If his owner doesn't come get him this week, I don't know what I'll do.


2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is certainly sad. Good thing Jeannie and I don't live close by or we would have a cat. Her Ellie May tendencies would kick right in and whammo!

    ReplyDelete