Friday, October 30, 2009

A Visitor

Fifteen minutes can save you 15% or more!

Guess what Misha found in our house tonight? This little guy! We were sitting here watching T.V. when Misha went running in between the sliding glass door and behind the blinds. He doesn't usually do that. Then I saw something dart out and under the end table away from Misha. I told Tim to look because he was closest to the action. Misha was still very interested when Tim said,"what's that?" He shined his flashlight, he always has one at his fingertips, and reached down to touch whatever it was and it squirmed away at the speed of light and Tim let out a SCREECH!

A LIZARD IS IN THE HOUSE!!!!

When I was on the phone earlier with my mom, I thought I saw something dart across the floor but I chalked it up to a reflection from my reading glasses. But no, here he was, the poor little tiny Geico spokes person's California cousin, in my house.

Tim was on one side of the table and I was on the other. "I"ll scoot him towards you" he said to me. "What am I supposed to do with him when he comes at me like a bat out of hell". So I went and got some tupperware and a lid. One minute the little guy would scoot towards me, then he would scoot towards Tim, EEEEK! Finally the lizard made a break for it and ran towards Tim. He screamed, I yelled, "You big baby!" Now the lizard was under the stairs where the computer is. I wiggled a few things and poof, there he was right in front of me. I carefully moved a few things and trapped him under the tupperware. Then I had to get the top on without him jumping out at me. I went and got one of those stiff thin plastic cutting boards and slid it under. I had him!

Tim was already to release the little guy but I told him no, we need to take a picture of him.
So there he is, our little visitor in a tupperware. He had his photo shoot and I let him go in the bushes outside. Misha is still sitting post near the blinds just in case the lizard reappears.

No comments:

Post a Comment